Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Technology and I

I have been teaching ESL in the U.S. for twelve years. I am trying to incorporate technology into classroom instruction, but there are some obstacles in the way. First, technology is still not available in all schools and classrooms. Second, I am not confident about my knowledge of technology. I belong to the generation that did not grow up with technology and computers. I had to learn everything by myself. I have made a lot of progress in this field, however, I am still not confident in using technology. Sometimes I feel my students are way ahead of me. In the 21st century, it is rudimentary to be familiar with technology and know how to incorporate it into our teaching. I hope to learn as much as I can to better myself in this field as well. Life is a learning process, so I am still learning!

Gabriella

3 comments:

  1. Our students are ahead of us in technological acumen, but not in educational experience. Let them show us how, and we can help them leverage the tools. Keep at it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to write a comment very similar to Andy's comment here :P You said it first Andy :D Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is common for students to be ahead of the teachers in technology. Just keep learning!

    ReplyDelete